Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
bbonthebeach09
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB 8130 Update 4.5 Background now UGLY BLACK!

Sorry Xandrex, I did try your solution (see my response message 6) but it is NOT working here. Do you think that I would rather have this ugly screen than have the issue resolved? I thank you for giving me an answer but unfortunately it is not working in my BB. If it was, I would not keep on asking in forums and trying to resolve the issue. 
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

so you did create a new folder specifically for that picture ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
BBExpert

Try this... go to Options > Security Settings > General Settings is there something that shows Message Colors or something to that effect?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbonthebeach09

Hi Xandrex, yes I was able to create a different folder. I re-emailed the pic (I tried several of my pics actually to make sure it was not the picture itself), saved them in that new folder and tried to set them as homescreen images but as I said, the background is still black so I barely can see the little bubbles/rounds that are around each icon in the home screen when I select them, especially at night or in bright sunlight. Basically, this screen is a disaster and it's very annoying. And depressing!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbonthebeach09

Hello,

Nope, nothing about colors or backgrounds anywhere! I looked at all the options fields. Nothing. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

can you change the theme ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbonthebeach09

Hello,

Yes in the options there's a "theme" section. There are 5 themes (BB Dimension Icon, BB dimension L, BB dimension Today, BBdimansion Zen, and Verizon). I tried to change the themes but then after, when I set one of my pic as a home screen, everything around the pic becomes black again.

It looks like the "BB dimension L" highlights the little icons in yellow though instead of black (like in the verizon theme which is the one I had) so at least I can see the little icons when I highlight them. It's not as nice as it used to be before the upgrade but I guess it's better than not seeing anything! I still think that BB should correct that.

Thanks. I did not think about checking the other themes to see if the little black bubbles that highlight the icons were in a different color.

Please use plain text.