Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

TiaraROX
My Device: Blackberry 9630

BB 9630 - Data

[ Edited ]

hi i am tiaraROX i have a blackberry 9630 . BUT during a trip to the coastal areas in monsoon ( which u know is the worst season) a big wave come and i was totally wet . then i checked my phone it had an error which it said only RIM can solve . and they say the phone can be repaired but i will loose all my data. AND THE MOST IMORTANT THING FOR ME IS MY DATA NOT PHONE.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB 9630 - Data

To include what you put in your other post:

TiaraROX wrote:
GURU III PLZZZ HELP ME I HAVE A BLACKBERRY 9630 IT GOT WET AND KNOW I CANT FIX IT BASICALLY IT DISPLAYS '''"THIS HANDHELD DEVICE INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT IS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL TO RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED''''' Now i went to rim but it says i loose my data and only thing i care for is my data.

First things first...the moisture intrusion.

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Your data may already be gone...there is no way to be sure until after you have performed this process. But, like insurance, the time to do something about protecting your data (e.g., taking a backup with one of the FREE methods RIM provides) is BEFORE the need arises.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code