Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
adnyltsew
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop Manager not recognizing Outlook 2007

My computer got a virus, so I formatted the hard drive.  I have re-installed all of my programs.  Before the virus, I had an older version of BB Desktop Manager.  I now have the new version and it isn't recognizing Outlook.  When I try to set the synchronization settings, it has Yahoo! and ASCII as the only options.  My BB is an 8703e, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Do I just need to download an older version of Desktop Manager to make this work? 

Is there a setting I need to change in Outlook to make DM recognize it?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Lynda

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Desktop Manager not recognizing Outlook 2007

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You must make sure that your DTM version supports your Outlook version...see this matrix:

• KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adnyltsew

According to the chart, the DTM version I have installed (5.0.0.8) should support Outlook 2007.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...in that case I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adnyltsew

I will try that and let you know how it goes.  There are a lot of steps, so I probably won't get to it until this weekend.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jcoil

I am having the same problem.  Running desktop manager 5.0.0.11 on XP.  Did all the steps mentioned and outlook 2007 still not recognized only has the Yahoo! and ASCII as the only options for sync.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jason

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I suggest you try the recently released 5.0.1 and see if that helps.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
rajoosuchak
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: DU

Using Desktop Manager version 5.0.0.11

When you try to synchronize the Blackberry 8520 with Microsoft outlook for Calande, Memo, Addressnook or Notes, you get error message in Desktop manager

"Cannot find system intable file"

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

rajoosuchak wrote:

Using Desktop Manager version 5.0.0.11

When you try to synchronize the Blackberry 8520 with Microsoft outlook for Calande, Memo, Addressnook or Notes, you get error message in Desktop manager

"Cannot find system intable file"

5.0.0.11 DTM is out of date...the current version is 5.0.1.28...I suggest you update.

Also, are you positive about that error message? The closest thing I could come across is this:

• KB15278 Receiving error "cannot find table in system file" when attempting to configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager synchronization

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.