Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
pantrychef
My Device: Not Specified

BB Messenger - Messages intermittently not sending

Hello Forum,

I have been using blackberry since 2007 on a 7290 (T-Mobile).  Last July I upgraded to a 8310 (AT&T) and have been having interrmittent problems on the Blackberry Messenger application.

The problem I am encountering is that occasionally messages are not sent, stuck in 'pending'.  I think it may be timing related as the next message I send goes out but the first remains unsent; I stop checking after about one week.

I have found that I can fairly predictably replicate this (~50% of the time):

1.  Holster the unit;

2.  Remove from holster;

3.  Enter unit unlock password;

4.  Start messenger application;

5.  Type a message and hit enter.

When steps 2~5 are completed within 15 seconds, the message is quite likely stalled in pending.

Initially I thought the issue is related to the v4.2 device software; however, the problem remained when I updated to the 4.5 software.  I am using Blackberry Messenger version 4.5.0.110(152) for AT&T.

An observation is that my wife does not lock her 8310 and she claims to encounter what I observed only once in her usage recollection.

While I understand that there are other instant messaging applications available for my device, I have found the messenger application to be the most robust, not to mention the app being part of the OS.

I think this may be a glitch because I have used the 7290 for 14 months.  Using the messenger application exactly as I have described above nearly a dozen times every day, I have encountered exactly one occasion where a single message was pending, though that message was eventually sent about 15 minutes later.

I was wondering whether anyone has encountered this and whether any fixes are available.  Unfortunately, I am unable to keep my blackberry unlocked.

Thanks for your help.

cdips
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: BB Messenger - Messages intermittently not sending

Hi there,

I recently got the BB 8520, and the messenger was working fine for about 2weeks, then I noticed that when i send messages, its staying "pending" for a really long time - well over 2 hours - and i eventually have to end the chat since its not delivering the messages. I tried resetting the phone and it hasn't improved.

Anyone having this trouble? :smileysad:

mollyxxx
My Device: blackberry Bold 9700

how did you fix it in the end i am having the same trouble this miniute

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi mollyxxx,

Is this happening with just one user or all of your contacts?  It may be that the specific user you are trying to message is on the phone or out of network range, meaning that your message has been unable to get through to their BlackBerry but it should be delivered once they are reconnected to the network.

It could also be that BBM is having some issues right now which could effect the ability to send messages to some or all users.  This can be a sporadic issue and if this is the case, it should be resolved soon.

I hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Triad162
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Yes I am, I have had my BB 8520 since march 2012 and my bbm worked for about 5 months then it pops up pending then and red 'x'. What do I do?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Can you start a new thread related to your issue? List your problem and what you've tried thus far. Also, have you cancelled your BlackBerry data plan recently and are just using data over wifi? If so, that's the problem there... You need a BlackBerry data plan for BBM to work.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!