Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
adnankazmee
My Device: 9700

BB pin not working

Could i please get a prompt reply to this thread cause i am quite annoyed frankly.  Recently, 7 months ago to be specific, i bought a bold 2 refurbished from malaysia and it gave me quite a few problems. However, recently the bb software crashed for the second time and this time instead of the person whom i bought the phone i installed the software myself! I believe i installed it perfectly well, however, now my bis is not working and i went back to the seller and he refuses to admit his fault even though i know it is his! Could i please get a verification here that by any chance if a re installation of software can cause your bis services and bb pin to be damaged permenantly in anyway? i would like a reply so i can print this and show it to the person who is claiming it to be my fault and refusing to exchange it . I would really appreciate a prompt reply! Thank you very much. hope all is well at your end at RIM! 

Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900

Re: BB pin not working

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Forums adnankazmee!

I do not think an installation can cause your PIN services or e-mail services to be damaged.

If the device seems to be working, but you cannot setup your e-mail, open your device browser and go to www.blackberry.com/integrate

Also, this Forum is structured so that support requests and solutions are Peer-2-Peer, as opposed to RIM Tech support fielding questions and comments.

Cheers,

New Contributor
adnankazmee

thank you for the swift reply mate! do you have any solutions to my given problem? i will be extremely grateful for the help!!! i must do something about this! i refuse to be cheated by those people!
New Contributor
adnankazmee

esepcially in relation to the bbm services :smileyhappy:
Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

So, let's be clear.  You reinstalled or upgraded the OS successfully.  The device appears to be working ok, except the BlackBerry data services are not working.  Does that describe it?

First, make sure data services are not turned off.  If data services are on, start with removing the battery for about 30 seconds.  If that doesn't correct the problem, try resending service books.  If that doesn't do that doesn't fix it, we'll look at other solutions.

See the following link concerning sending service books.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB02830&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

- Ira
New Contributor
adnankazmee

Thank you so much let me try it!
New Contributor
adnankazmee

mate i did what you told me and it says device is not registered! i did the host routing thing but to no avail!