Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

bpems546
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BBM 5.0.0.33 Feedback

Are they going to fix the pic prob?? Anyway to go back to the old version of messenger until they do??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shag

Oh a NEW problem!. why when i change the display pic it changes in my messenger and shows recent update with my contacts but it is still the same old DP? -_- 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gairs
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

This is a very disappointing update. Things that worked perfectly well before have been broken in this version and, despite the addition of some bells and whistles, the overall user experience is now worsened. 

Previously the busy or unreachable status of a contact was shown but not with this version. Also the "... is typing a message" notification does not work properly anymore. It seems that other, less important notifications, overwrite this one.

Another problem is that sometimes it won't let you read a message. Clicking the contact name has no effect, it just refuses to open the message and can only be fixed by pulling the battery.

And of course there is the issue with sending and receiving pictures. I've heard many people complain about how long it takes to send/receive, but to date I have not been able send or receive any, it simply doesn't work. And removing the picture preview option was just plain dumb.

Please use plain text.
kirbyray

Please fix the Picture Problem.  I like the new version but i mis being able to get pictures from my wife of our kids.  Everytime you send a pic it never goes through.  The Avatars of my contacts don't sync.  I like the looks of 5.0 but they better fix it or I'm going to downgrade to something that works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shazsharif

So far I don't have problems sending and receiving photos and voicenotes, even though sometimes it downloads very slow. I haven't tried the group chat so no comments. My problem with this BBM version happened just few days back when I Restore Back Up Contact List and all my contacts display pictures are gone! Very upset with this... Tried everything but still no cure. Hopefully this Display Picture problem will be solved so every BBM users will be happy and will not have to downgrade :smileyhappy: Thanks
Please use plain text.
killbot
My Device: Pearl 8100, Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

The only, ONLY improvement I've seen is the in-chat layout.  That and the bar-code I guess, but I haven't used it yet.

Display pictures, statuses, and displaying the last message sent?  Yeah great idea, and look great on TV... but they're only there to attract high schoolers and iPhoners.  They have degraded the useability.

DISPLAY PICTURES - Clutter up the screen, take up too much space, and slow down the operation.  I don't care what joe blow wore last weekend for halloween, and don't wanna see a 1/4"x1/4" picture of him.

SOLUTION: allow them to be disabled.

STATUS UPDATES - clutter, nonsese, irrelevant, don't care

SOLVED! You can disable them.

TWO LINE CONTACTS - I can see a maximum of 5 at a time, because the last line of the convo is displayed, as well as both a BBM logo and Received symbol or Arrow to the left.  WASTE OF SPACE.  Way too graphics heavy.  I don't want to have to scroll through 3 screens to find a contact only 10 people down.

SOLUTION: streamline (or allow options to streamline) the appearance

PIC AND VOICE NOTE SENDING - just plain broken.  i wanna see a preview of what I'm about to receive.  I wanna see a preview of what I'm about to SEND.  I wanna be able to send any file on my device.

And they need to DELIVER SUCCESSFULLY

Its admirable that BB is trying to poach the bling-loving consumer crowd, and BBM is a big selling point particularly on users pushing others to adopt BB.  However, the current BBM is obviously optimized for the LOOOONG screen of the Storm, and has made the small-screen a pain.

The graphics I'm sure are a great plus for bringing in those Kids and iPhoners, but just allow us to disable the extras (the pictures, graphics, second lines) to a strictly functional, streamlined setup.

(that Two line contact problem persists in the adress book, with the 'company' entry confusing things visually.  The second line of each entry should be indented significantly, to allow quicker visual acquisition of each entry)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imtiazu

[ Edited ]

It sucks. Totally RUBBISH with too many bugs and cannot send or receive pics anymore! [edit]

Please keep your posts courteous.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rizapn

ANNOYING SOUND

why the sounds (ringtone) is still played (when we receive new message) even the BBM chat screen is active?

I mean : when I'm in the middle of chatting with contact name A, then I receive a message from him, why the sound is still played? Why it is not change to "silence"? I believe the sound is used to get our attention ... but if we are in the middle of that active chat, which attention do you need more?

SOLUTION : just add an option to disable sound when chat is active, or just disable it by default (in that condition)

Thank's ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jkleist

Completely agree, I like the new messenger, good intentions poor execution.  Taking away the quick picture send was the nail in the coffin for me, I used that feature all of the time.  The reliability of message sending is also unforgivable in such a higher touted release!

James.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ekemini

On the contrary, I love the 5.0 OS. My dilemma is that I can not make calls outside my local cell area. I can not call or receive calls but the email, web browsing and text messaging works like a champ. If I can make calls and receive, It will be priceless. I have a storm 9530 that I use on T-Mobile network. In the meantime, I Downgraded to the 4.7. If anyone has a fix for this problem, let me know.
Please use plain text.