Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
ronsinaga
My Device: Bold 9900

BBM Not Sending Pictures but status SENT, end receiver did not receive pictures

I just bought a brand new Bold 9900.  I've been having problem with BBM regarding sending pictures and files.  Status will show pictures "sent" but the end received did not receive the pics.  This happens 95% of the time.

I have done soft restart, hard restard, problem still happening.  I've checked my bbm version, software version, all are up to date.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ron

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BBM Not Sending Pictures but status SENT, end receiver did not receive pictures

[ Edited ]

Hello ronsinaga

Welcome to the forums. 

Does this happen with all pictures and files you try to send? Does this happen with all of your BlackBerry® Messenger contacts or just some? Are you able to receive files from other people on your BlackBerry® Messenger list? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronsinaga

Re: BBM Not Sending Pictures but status SENT, end receiver did not receive pictures

Hello Admin,

This happen 99% all the time via BBM.  I update software, downgrade software, nothing changes. I have 2nd blackberry, sending to my other blackberry is impossible.  But I am able to receive pictures without any problem.

Ron

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider

Hello ronsinaga

If you have a media card in your device take the media card out. At this point take a new photo using your BlackBerry® and now try to send that photo via BlackBerry® Messenger.  This will help us determine if it is a possible media card issue. 

-SR

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronsinaga

Hello Smoothrider,

Was able to send pics from phone memory, not from memory card.  As I was saying, this is a new phone and I used the same media card that I was using on prior blackberry.

If it is a media card problem, what is the suggested brand and type of media card should I be using?

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider

Hello ronsinaga

Try transferring (backing up) media from your media card to a PC and then try reformatting the card. You can use the information in the below article to help with formatting the card. 

Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted

-SR

Please use plain text.
azim_aa

Hi,

I've been having the exact same problem. Updated the OS and BBM versions but still did not help.

Also copied all the pics to my phone memory and tried sending it from there but still doesn't work. Please help, this issue is seen only in bold 9900!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mahukka
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi There,

I have the same issue actually and it was also mentioned here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/pictures-bbm-say-sent-but-not-really-sen...

I don't have a media card installed. I recently did a format of my phone and put everything back. Sent a photo on BBM and it went through. However, I just tried 3 photos just then and none of them went through. I try WhatsApp and it works just fine.

These are pictures in my picture library and I keep minimal content on my blackberry. I'll sent a photo, it goes to 100%. says photo sent but the recipient never receives them. That happens with ALL my contacts.

Kelvin 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Arian_T
My Device: 9900 TBold

Seems this thread like every other on the topic has died silently in RIM/Blackberry's hands.. Issue still exists on the latest OS's and last version of BBM released from Balckberry World, ie current versions as at date today. Just love it when programmers can't put their minds to logic and figure out where there coding abilities have failed them... Always twenty questions and if nobody solves the problem for them, it's deemed resolved or "never existed". Problem must be between Keyboard and Chair.. ie dumb users..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WarrenMC
My Device: Curve 9900

Having the exact same problem... All folders - all users -- new 9900 update and latest bbm installed ... Roll back to previous bbm version - works ... But then I have no contacts .. As the older version uses local database instead of bb Id ... Thinking of rolling back again and manually adding 200 contacts ... Great ...
Please use plain text.