Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
dag88
My Device: curve 8520
Accepted Solution

BBM lag (not receiving)

Hello everybody,

I hope you can help me cause i am facing a very annoying issue on my blackberry.

I have a curve 8520, pretty old but perfectly funcioning and i never experienced any issue.

Anyway, i updated the new BBM version, and what happens is that with a contact (the only one i have long chat sessions with)...it doesnt deliver some messages. It happens both ways: the sender always sees all messages as delivered, but on the other side some of those messages dont arrive at all, and some arrive with lag.
It basically makes conversations impossible and extremely annoying. I never exerienced such a thing before, not a minimal lag or absolutely this "not deliverance issue"

ps: i restarted several times my bb, i also put the "group consequential messages" option off. nothing changed.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dag88

Re: BBM lag (not receiving)

A little update.

I realized it happens with basically all my contacts. And sometimes, when i write a message the little D appears as it has been delivered but read...if then i write something else, even with some minutes of delay...i receive all together the actual replies the contact had sent me in the meanwhle after i sent the first message. When i receive something cause sometimes the replies just "get lost".

thanks 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lee1992
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7.1.0.336

BBM 6.2.0.51 is going to be released to the general public very soon , this update should (hopefully ) fix your issue

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dag88

Thank you. 

I will very soon switch to a new blackberry since mine is starting to literally falling into pieces.

Hoping the issue will vanish with the device change.

Thanks again 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
laurelkeene
My Device: Curve 9300

The same thing happens to me. My boyfriend and I uses bbm as our way of communicating with each other. We always talk using BBM and for the past few days, BBM keeps on lagging.. which is very unusual. Whenever I send my messages to him, it takes about 10 minutes or more for the d or r symbol to appear on the check mark. Sometimes, I can't even receive his messages unless I send a message first. Out of all my contacts, this problem only happens whenever I talk to him. Is this because he's the only one I have long chat sessions with everyday? Ever since we updated to v 6.2.0.44 the same thing happens almost everyday. It has been happening for 4 consecutive days now.

We've already contacted the Qtel, which is our service provider here in Qatar, but they told us that they aren't doing any maintenace for the BB service. They also mentioned that maybe the problem is caused by Blackberry not by Qtel. What can we do about it? I hope you fix this problem as soon as possible because it's really annoying. 

Please use plain text.
MbnQatar
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi, very strange I'm having the same issue ! I traveld without my bb when I came I opened it a few days ago and I was having issues sending messages ! Had a lot of phone calls to vodafone customer service they really did very good trying to fix my issue but they couldn't, so i said I'm switching to qtel lol... Guess what same issue !!! I did a full factory connected to Qtel.. But nope nothing. How is you issue going ? Since it was a week ago ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dag88

My problem i think it was related to the device, causelast monday i bought a brand new urve 9360 and now it works perfectly :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.