Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

tinkesquire
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: 5169657158

BBProtect didn't restore my info and I can't contact them

I performed a security wipe on my phone, following the instructions on the phone & online when I did. Minutes before wiping the phone, I backed up and extra time using BBProtect. I’ve been using BBProtect for well over a year, and it backs up weekly. However, when I restored, I selected the backup which I had just competed when I restored but only 11 of my contacts came back – I’m not sure exactly how many were there, I think more than 100, and many of those contacts will be impossible for me to replicate. Also, my calendar was only restored back through March (although I keep my appointments "forever" in my phone) and most of my text messages were gone as well. I do not understand how it is that all of this information is missing when I backed up only minutes before wiping and have been backing up weekly for more than a year. And now when I try to access that information, it’s not there – it only shows the backup that happened automatically after it “restored,” it doesn't even show that list of previous backups like it did before I wiped. 

And now, I've tried probably a dozen times over the last hour to get help using their online form (Exception Case Report), and every time have gotten this message: "The application generated an unknown error which has been logged, please try again later." 

I'm totally panicking about this, can anyone tell me how to recover this info?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Re: BBProtect didn't restore my info and I can't contact them

I think the BB Protect is like for emergencies, if you want a full and complete back up you have to use the desktop software! Then you even get everything on your SD card back!!

I hope for your sake that someone here knowing more than me can correct me, but I'm sorry to say I doubt it. You have to start over again with your contacts.

Good luck mate!!
Please use plain text.