Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
rioja
My Device: Not Specified

BIS 3.0 - 2-way Google Sync?

I thought BIS 3.0 was going to sync Google Calendar to the device. Also, it would sync deleted/read email (GMail) on the computer to the device.

I'm not seeing this in the upgrade documents though. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB20613 

Anyone know if those features will be included?

Please use plain text.
Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

Re: BIS 3.0 - 2-way Google Sync?

You and tens of thousands of other Gmail users, but I guess they didn't get it finished in time to include.  Also, understand this forum is for peer support so RIM isn't going to see these comments.  Also, this is not a major issue for RIM...and never has been.  I'd be surprised if it ever comes to fruition, even if RIM said it would be included in BIS 3.0.  As much as I love my BB and have been loyal to using one for nearly 12 years, I think the omission of this one feature may be the straw that finally breaks this camel's back.  I live and die by Gmail and using it with only the BlackBerry Gmail plugin just doesn't suffice.  Maybe one day RIM will wake up and care about someone other than the enterprise users :-(

Please use plain text.