Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
johnripper
My Device: Not Specified

BIS and Hotmail

Hello all,

i am quite new to the BB system.

I want to use a Hotmail account to sync with the BB. Searching the internet there a different information if I can sync calender and contacts with a windows live account.

Is this possible or not`?

I wan to habe sync via Outlook to a Cloud service and then to a BB device for emails, kalender and contacts. Gmail is not good for syncing with Outlook (paid account required) so I deceide for hotmail.

Would be glad if someone can help me with that.

Thanks

JR

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BIS and Hotmail

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

HotMail/Windows Live do not have the ability to synchronize anything but email over the air (OTA). All other organizer data (e.g., calendar, contacts) must synchronize via USB/BT tether to a PC with a compatible PIM. See this KB for those that are compatible:

• KB12268Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software for synchronization

If your desire is truly to synchronize all data OTA, then you must subscribe to a service from some provider that will give you BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service). With the distribution of BES Express by RIM (which is free), I suspect many email providers may be starting to offer BES-level services to their customers. If you find one of those, you will have full OTA synchronization of all organizer data (email, calendar, contacts, etc.). And, to anticipate the question, no -- I don't know any services that offer this (and I doubt any will offer it for free).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnripper
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,

thanks for the reply inany case.

The devices will connect to already to a BES, but I want to have the ability to set up a private solution beside side-by-side with the BES with a BIS solution that has a good Outlook integration. This should be free of charge in any case, unless it is only private.

There has been hints on many blogs and forums OTA sync for hotmail calender und contacts will be possible with BIS 3 oder 3.1. Also there have been many information way before BIS 3.1 and BIS 3.2 was rolled out on the net.

Are there any informations or hints or do you think, that hotmail calender and contact sync will be possible with BIS 3.3 or later?

Thanks again,

JR

As far as I know BESX is not allowed in a hosted environment. So I this is not possible for hosters.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

johnripper wrote:

Are there any informations or hints or do you think, that hotmail calender and contact sync will be possible with BIS 3.3 or later?

I have no forward looking information. And, even if I did, the TOS of this forum would prevent me from revealing it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.