Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
waynemcmorris
My Device: Not Specified

BIS scheduled outage and upgrade

Recently I received an email that the BIS network would be down for several hours during the wee hours of the morning so a system upgrade could be performed.  A couple of days later I saw, somewhere, a message regarding the changes that were made during said upgrade and what those changes meant to me the consumer.  Now, in my heat fogged brain, I cannot locate any of these messages or information.  Can anyone tell me what "added values" were realized by us the consumer as a result of this upgrade?
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BIS scheduled outage and upgrade

Outages are usually done for doing upgrades. Some upgraded bring in visible results/changes for end users some are not. But the main reason is to improve the overall performance of the service for the end users. 

As far as I know, the  recent BIS outage is for upgrading BIS version to 2.7 from 2.6.

Check the KB article for more details - New features in BlackBerry Internet Service 2.7.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit