Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

GHK
GHK
My Device: Not Specified

BIS timeouts when polling for new mail and then accounts are marked invalid.

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I read that the BlackBerry Internet Service polls the mail server for new messages every 900 seconds (15 Minutes).  The default timeout is 120 seconds (OWA integration) so if your server does not respond in that time the next check will be another 900 seconds later. I believe that it retries a few times before marking the account as invalid?

Blackberry users are receiving messages stating must change their password etc and then the accounts are being marked as invalid.

For one customer it was caused by downtime - a server restart earlier this week.

But on other client it seems to be doing this intermittently without any restarts etc. Any idea what would be causing this – or how to log and stop this?

TIA 

Kind regards

Nick 

Message Edited by GHK on 06-12-2009 11:47 AM
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BIS timeouts when polling for new mail and then accounts are marked invalid.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There have been some BIS problems the last day or so. HotMail released a mass re-validation requirement, which then caused millions to be attempting to access BIS at the same time, which bogged everything down. Give it a few days and see if everything clears up...there are millions of re-validations that need to be processed.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code