Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: BIS users in Pakistan::: HTML email view with images

akc786 wrote:
Just checking for any new or solution to my problem ???

Nope; you really should call RIM.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Regular Contributor
wusmani
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Hello AKC786,

Reply to Message

You as a carrier should have the ability to communicate with RIM directly. I think you should take this discussion with them there.

WhackBerry_
Contributor
akc786
My Device: Bold 9000 ver. 4.6.0.190

Yesterday, my network operator Mobilink finally called me up and told that they have raised this issue with RIM and they acknowledge it.

RIM said, that they will try to solve this issue ASAP.

Thanks God, RIM finally asnwered to Mobilink.

Let's see what will happen next.......

Contributor
akc786

Still no solution from RIM.....
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Delete your mail ID from BIS and reintegrate again. This will work once you get a response from your carrier.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
akc786

I did that several times but nothing happened.

Still not receiving HTML emails with images.

New Contributor
jinn
My Device: Bold 9900

How Unfortunate that its been 4 years since someone faced this problem and still no solution.

Still no HTML email for BIS users by Mobilink in Pakistan. How shameful.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jinn wrote:

How Unfortunate that its been 4 years since someone faced this problem and still no solution.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, the only thing you can deduce is that, before you, there had been no discussion in this thread for 4 years...but that does not necessarily correlate to no solution being found. This site is not a formal "trouble ticket" system where issues are opened and followed up on until they are resolved or otherwise closed. Rather, this is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help each other out to the best of their ability.

Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jinn
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks for your response. I am not deducing from the thread that the issue has not been resolved. I am using a Bold 9900 on Mobilink in Pakistan and I know for a fact that HTML email does not work. 

I have repeatedly called the Mobilink helpline and all they say is that for now its only available on BES.

RIM should take notice of this. They supposedly have the best email service, still they fail to offer simple HTML email for BIS users in Pakistan.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jinn wrote:

Thanks for your response. I am not deducing from the thread that the issue has not been resolved.

Oh, sorry...perhaps I misunderstood your initial words:

jinn wrote:

From that, it read to me that you were deducing, from the fact that no posts came to this thread in 4 years, that the issue was not resolved. Now that you have clarified it, I understand you better. Please accept my apologies for misunderstanding your initial words.

jinn wrote:

I am using a Bold 9900 on Mobilink in Pakistan and I know for a fact that HTML email does not work. 

I have repeatedly called the Mobilink helpline and all they say is that for now its only available on BES.

You are, therefore, now the best source of information for this user-to-user community!

jinn wrote:

RIM should take notice of this. They supposedly have the best email service, still they fail to offer simple HTML email for BIS users in Pakistan.

Perhaps I should say it again...this is a user-to-user community, not a user-to/from-RIM communication channel. I actually agree with what you say...but this site is simply not a channel by which to accomplish that. I simply wish to set your expectation about what response you can expect to your messages here. Your contacting of your mobile service provider is the best method for escalating this into RIM...RIM listens very carefully to what the carriers push up to RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code