Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 ver. 4.6.0.190

BIS users in Pakistan::: HTML email view with images

Mobilink, service provider, has updated their BIS to 2.5 in July. But they are unable to provide HTML email view with images on Blackberry sets running on ver. 4.5.

Mobilink says that it is only available to BES users at the moment. BIS users will get it late on.

Please explain, is it a Mobilink issue or RIM? as all around the world BIS users are getiing it.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: BIS users in Pakistan::: HTML email view with images

If BIS is 2.5 and HH OS is 4.5 Rich Text email should work.  Have you logged in to the BIS site and resent service books?
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

Yes, I did everything. Even went to the IT department of Mobilink (service provider). It took them 2 hours to configure it, but no use.

At the ent they said that it's available on BES only at the moment.

Mobilink also claims that RIM has acknowledged the issue and is working on it. Don't know how far they are true.

Anyone from RIM here knows the exact situation ?? Is it RIM's fault or Mobilink's ?

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

This is the first I've heard of something like this.  I guess its certainly possible that it is the case; but it is hard to believe.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

i dont beleive this. RIM wont leave  out Mobilink, infact they cant. The upgrade was done on BIS servers across the board not for some service providers. You probably wanna try another device or may be re-install oS On device?

chk this thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryInternetSolution&thread.id=...

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor

BBsingh, I mentioned that I spent 2 hours with the IT department of Mobilink ans even they were unable to solve the issue. If a service provider can't solve it, how come I can do it nyself. Moreover Mobilink IT department confirms that it's working on BES but not on BIS and also said tht it's a RIM issue and RIM acknowledge it.

Anyways, for my own satisfaction, I upgrade my OS then down graded it. Even tried on 25 different devices of my friends and family but all in vain.

As of now I have two device with me, one is on BES and the other on BIS. The BES is working fine and getting html emails with images but the BIS one is showing them in just plain lines as before.

Contributor

I saw the thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryInternetSolution&thread.id=...

and did every single step in the presence of Mobilink IT rep but still no success.

Contributor

Is there anyone from RIM here. Please confirm whether it's a RIM issue or the Mobilink ?
Contributor

I think that it's definately a RIM's issue, as they are keeping their eyes away from my question.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

this forum is monitored by RIM, but support is not provided by RIM here. Its more users like me, BB addicts who help people. I will try to find an answer for your issue.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.