Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 3

Bbm help

My daughters bbm has been hacked. At midnight last night there were messages being sent from her bbm to other people, however at this time her fone was with me not being used while she was asleep, the phone was not in use so how can messages be getting sent? I always thought blackberry was secure to use which is why I got one for my daughter, the messages that were sent were disgusting and certainly not what I want to see on my daughters fone, any idea what has happened?
Solutions: 6,260
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bbm help

Your BlackBerry was not hacked. It it were, it would actually be the first in over ten years of BlackBerry service and 9-10 years of BBMessenger service. You could be the first.

How do know the messages were sent, can you see them in the BBM as sent by THIS device?

Are they actually BBM messages? Or SMS or WhatsApp?

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 3

They are bbm messages, sent using her bbm, but were not sent from her device, so how could this be? It is worrying because if the nature if the messages sent.
Solutions: 6,260
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to call 3 tech support and ask this issue to be escalated to BlackBerry tech support.

You need to ask them IF they can determine if someone has dupilcated her PIN on the network and are using another device with the same PIN.

Quite frankly, that's not supposed to be possible... all PINs are unique and only one PIN is allowed on the network at one time. BUT, that said, there are engineering ways to change a device PIN, and perhaps, just pershaps, that's happened and BlackBerry support might be able to see if there is another device using your daughter's PIN on the network.

That's the ONLY thing I can think of.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code