Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Highlighted
Regular Visitor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Jerome

Re: Bis becoming a problem.

Sorry John. Yes I bought the handset at MTN who by the also told me I will have unlimited access to the net if I purchase bis.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry devices work best with BIS plans. They were designed to work with that service. Other plans may or may not work depending on how the carrier provisions the data plans.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Visitor

I'm on the bis plan that is with MTN as my service provider.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Then it should work. If it doesn't then you'll need to contact them. Its not uncommon for them to provision the plan incorrectly. You may need to call several times before you get a CSR that knows what they're doing. Its unfortunate but its true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Visitor

I did, a lady with the surname of Naidoo was very rude saying she works for black berry. We ended up in a huge argument. I told her I can't download or sometimes browse. She then rudely told me I must check the handset. I did everything on my side I must do. When I told her about bis and the agreement BB have with all service providers, she told me it changed. Bb changed it.