Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
falcotec
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BlackBerry 9900 os 7.1 bundle 1149 contacts list empty but exists

Hi all,

I have the same problem as two weeks ago.

I upgraded the BB9900 to T-Mobile Germany OS 7.1 Bundle 1149 a month ago and it worked ok, new features really nice..

After some days or nearly two weeks later, the contacts disappeared. The option in the contacts showed me 350 entries but the contact list was empty. Recieved calls were shown with names so the list is "somewhere".

After reading through some info, I reinstalled the OS 7.1 via PC and Desktop Manager and after that everything worked fine. Now again after some days (maybe two weeks) it is again so that the contact list is emtpy but the entries are somewhere, the list should contain 350 people as it is displayed in the menu of contacts. WhatsApp does not map the name to rthe phone number anymore, I did not recieve SMS today so I can not say if the SMS app would show the name of the hidden contacts.

Is there anything known that this OS version has some problems?

Last time I faced this, I did the battery pull and after restart, the device showd somne strange java exception error.

What to do?

Can I test the device somehow or is it the OS?

Jörg

Please use plain text.
Contributor
falcotec
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BlackBerry 9900 os 7.1 bundle 1149 contacts list empty but exists

Hi, some additions:

In the situation as it is now, I can not open some emails, as others in the list can be opened.

If using touch screen, it does not open, if using trackpad it does not open, scrolling down one email it works, so I do not know on what this strange behaviour depends on.

I had the problem that the search function was not working, typed the first letter and it was showing all items with that letter at start, the second letter in the search field was not recognized.

Nobody out there with same or similar problems on BB9900 and the 7.1?

Please use plain text.