Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Administrator (Retired)
Beholder
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

BlackBerry Internet Service - BlackBerry Answers Desktop Edition

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry Answers Desktop Edition is focused on providing support for BlackBerry Internet Service customers.   Get personalized interactive help in real time to solve your BlackBerry Internet Service questions.  “Answers” are derived directly from Research In Motion’s premium knowledgebase collateral such as user manuals, getting started guides and support knowledge base material.

To start your interactive session [link removed; BlackBerry Answers tool no longer supported by RIM]

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BlackBerry Internet Service - BlackBerry Answers Desktop Edition

Innovative and will be very useful from all users.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jerry12
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

That's nice it will be useful. :smileyhappy:
Jerry
Please use plain text.
New Developer
areevam
My Device: Not Specified

Hi

This is very useful for all global  BB users.

thnks 

Regards,
Areevam

please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. feel free to press the kudos button to thank the user that helped you
Please use plain text.
sublimeimage

i keep trying to log on to the wifi and i keep getting an error message (WO10) everything is correct but it will not let me log in, what do o do?

Please use plain text.
rbartolor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Optimus

My Email Settings icon stops working. Since six days ago I click and nothing happens. Is impossible to configure emails account and I stop receiving mails.

BB Bold 9700 Optimus v 5.0.0.862

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

rbartolor wrote:

My Email Settings icon stops working. Since six days ago I click and nothing happens. Is impossible to configure emails account and I stop receiving mails.

BB Bold 9700 Optimus v 5.0.0.862

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
djohnson53

[ Edited ]

Actually Beholder,  you're using the wrong URL for Blackberry answers,  You should use http://www5.nohold.net/RIM/Login.aspx?pid=7  This URL will let you pick which device you have and then tailor your answers to it. All of the device links will give you answers to questions about common topics, such as BIS, Apps and Accessories, etc.

If you liked it before, you'll love it now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wjhollander
My Device: Blackberry curve 8320
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hey there,

So I got a blackberry curve 8320, Activated my Blackberry data service at Vodacom. Did the whole rooting table, reset thing but it never sends me the books I need to change my internet settings from wifi to internet. Is there some other way to do it that vodacom does not know about? (downgrading the software also does not help) :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Wjhollander wrote:

Hey there,

So I got a blackberry curve 8320, Activated my Blackberry data service at Vodacom. Did the whole rooting table, reset thing but it never sends me the books I need to change my internet settings from wifi to internet. Is there some other way to do it that vodacom does not know about? (downgrading the software also does not help) :smileyvery-happy:

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

So, to be clear, from my post a couple up...

1) Register HRT -- this is successful, exactly as written, and results in a message ("registered" or something like that) coming to your BB?

2) Resend SBs -- this is not successful. But, there are multiple methods listed to do this...which did you try and what exactly are the results of each step in each method?

3) Batt Pull Reboot -- did you do this step?

The SB's come from the carrier...only they can resolve this if they are unable to deliver the SBs to your BB. If the carrier cannot figure it out, they have the ability (and responsibility, IMHO) to escalate your case into RIM at no fee to you...you have no free method by which to do that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.