Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Wjhollander
My Device: Blackberry curve 8320
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: BlackBerry Internet Service - BlackBerry Answers Desktop Edition

Hey, and thanks for the fast reply.

I cant do step 2 Because It says my IMEI code or Pin format is wrong if I try to enter it. I asked my provider to send it as well but they said that they dont pick me up on their server to send it. But the fone must be working cos I can Make calls, get messages ect. And I cant do it trough the e-mail one cos I only have a wifi connection option but no wifi. My provider told me that my phone must be broken and I must take it back, but it just siunds wrong.

But the rest I did, the battery pull and every thing, even switching from connecting from automaticly to my provider to manually

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, I seriously doubt it's "broken"...that's too simplistic to be useful. But, it still stands that your carrier is the place that provides you the SBs as well as ALL formal support and services. I suggest you contact them again and request escalation all the way into RIM if necessary. You are paying them for services they are not delivering...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aj2901
My Device: Not Specified

I'm connected to the wireless network but when I down load or upgrade in the app world a bar comes up that says this is not available on app world and you need to connect to the wireless net work... WHAT do I need to do to fix this problem that has been going on for months now!!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Aj2901 wrote:
I'm connected to the wireless network but when I down load or upgrade in the app world a bar comes up that says this is not available on app world and you need to connect to the wireless net work... WHAT do I need to do to fix this problem that has been going on for months now!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The answer to your question is already within this thread...please scroll up and try the remedies already posted. If they do not help, then reply back with specific results of each and every thing that you attempt.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aj2901
My Device: Not Specified

I tried all three methods as above mentioned and still no change.. Won't let me upgrade, download, it just keeps saying its not available on the app world...
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Aj2901 wrote:
I tried all three methods as above mentioned and still no change.. Won't let me upgrade, download, it just keeps saying its not available on the app world...

Please re-read my last post...I didn't ask for the final answer (e.g., "no change")...I asked for the specific result of each step. Each step has specific results that, if not attained, render the step not successful...and therefrom no change in behavior would be expected.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
drraven
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have a few questions about the Blackberry Internet Service. When browsing, am I suppose to pay for the image content of a web site when I'm browsing it, according to my carrier I have to pay for the image content? How does the BIS actually work when browsing the net? As I understand free internet browsing, I shouldn't pay for any of the content from any site unless I'm downloading something from a site. I need answers, cause my carrier refuses to give me a straight answer.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

drraven wrote:
I have a few questions about the Blackberry Internet Service. When browsing, am I suppose to pay for the image content of a web site when I'm browsing it, according to my carrier I have to pay for the image content? How does the BIS actually work when browsing the net? As I understand free internet browsing, I shouldn't pay for any of the content from any site unless I'm downloading something from a site. I need answers, cause my carrier refuses to give me a straight answer.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately, it is the carriers who set the policies for what and how to charge for the services. RIM charges nothing directly to the end user...all charges go through the carrier. Further, with hundreds of carriers in the world each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to know how one specific one will or will not work. So, you need to pursue your question with your carrier further, escalating to management (and beyond if necessary), until you can obtain a satisfactory answer.

But, if I have to guess, I'd say that there is no "free" service whatsoever. Rather, there are levels of service available for different fee structures. Some carriers offer unlimited data services. Others offer free up to a certain limit, and then "overage" charges after that limit. When you are browsing the internet, you are using data services...each bit of data counts against whatever the data limits are on your plan. So, a text website will have a very low "cost" against your data plan while an image, especially if it's not optimized for mobile usage, will have a much higher cost against your data plan. Content, text or image, is irrelevant...each is content, measured in bits and bytes, that count against your data plan.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Missaina
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: O2

Hi, I have a problem, my BlackBerry Storm 9530 does not supportthe Internet. I try to download the settings, but they write that theerror occurred Please call the O2

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Missaina wrote:

my BlackBerry Storm 9530 does not supportthe Internet.

Sorry, but that's not accurate...I used to have a 9530 and all internet functions worked fine on it. So, in your case, something else must be going on...

Missaina wrote:

I try to download the settings

Please be more explicit about exactly what you did...I have no idea, from those words, what you attempted...

Missaina wrote:

but they write that theerror occurred Please call the O2

That was the exact error message? Please provide the exact error message. Oh, and in addition, what happened when you did as the message instructed? What did O2 say?

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.