Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Internet Service account

I am trying to get my work e-mail account on my BB and it's a POP or IMAP account. I received instructions on how to do this via an e-mail that instructs me to go to a "BlackBerry Internet Service account." I found a link for this at: (http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html/)  When I went to this and tried to create a new account it says I can't do this via html but need to do it via my blackberry. How do I do this? Now when I got to the above web site on my computer it says: Error The site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider.Hlep!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BlackBerry Internet Service account

Before using the web link click on the Email Setting icone on you BlackBerry. Right after clicking you'll receive an email on your BlackBerry. Now try from your desktop with the web link.

Hope your problem will be solved. :smileywink:

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Below is a link for the BlackBerry Internet Service Logins. If you go to this link, scroll to the section at the bottom entitled

Accessing the BlackBerry Internet Service Web Site:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/internet.jsp

Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 04-05-2008 08:51 AM
Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 04-05-2008 08:39 PM
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8320 Curve

I know you said that it was through your work, is your company on the BES, if they are then you would have to change your plan accordingly. If not in your settings on your webmail account, you can change them. so go to settings, forward pop/imap, and enable pop settings, and then try setting up the email account again

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ok look on ur homescreen u will c an icon setup wizard click that.when done in there go back to home screen look for icon set up internet e-mail click it. Pock ur timezone press enter then accept terms yes type your e-mail address and password press enter select ok. U will get a text mesg letting u know u have linked to ur phnem then look on ur homescreen afterwards u will c icons for each of ur e-mail accounts there