Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
SnowFox
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Me
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Messanger Issue

Hi

Since the last update for BBM to version 6.0 My bbm isnt showing on my home screen or in any folder. Whats up with that and whats te solution for it?

Greets
Please use plain text.
WandaLH
My Device: Blackberry Curve G3
My Carrier: Alltel

Re: BlackBerry Messanger Issue

I'm just going to assume they are not answering BBM questions. They moved my post too.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Oh, we're definitely answering BBM questions.  I guess everyone is just busy or elsewhere at the moment.

First, while on your homescreen, press the menu key and select Show All if it's an option.  If it's not an option in that list, proceed to the next step.

For the next step, find your BBM app in your Applications list.  On OS 6 phones, it can be found by following Options>Device>Application Management.  On OS 5 phones, it's at Options>Applications.  Highlight the app with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Next, from your phone's browser type in www.blackberry.com/messenger to reload it to your phone.  It will reload the software as well as the icon.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SnowFox

Show all is on and tryed removing it but didnt help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SnowFox

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

SnowFox wrote:

Then on to step 2 of my suggestion you go.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SnowFox

Well After 5 deletes and reinstalls i finnaly got it working because the Earth theme app had a update and it failed but somehow i got my BBM back :smileywink: Thanks for the help!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
lynle0219
My Device: Blackberry 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

My husband and I tried the deleting and reinstalling BBM several times as well as "hard resets." We also looked to see if we had anything hidden on the home screen.

These 2 things did not work for us. Is there anything else we can do to get our BBM Icon's back?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Visitor
katiepeel
My Device: blackberry tourch
My Carrier: orange

On blackberry messenger when people send me photo's it comes up in green writing as ''pgi file not detected'' not sure if that's right but something like that comes up.Or it will just come up as a black image with a loading picture on it. And when people send me a voice not it will not play. It's really starting to annoy me as I cannot communicate with my friends and family. Also my media is not working I've tried everything, when I take a photo its saying ''this file is read only'' I'm not sure why it says this?, I'm starting to think its all because of my media card,help me out?..

Please use plain text.