Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Legendary99
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone 4

I recently have switched over to the new iPhone 4. Although I still am in love with BlackBerry, I am currently using the iPhone 4 Smartphone. It's just an idea, I think I would die without BlackBerry Messenger on the iPhone! So many people want BlackBerry Messenger for the iPhone it's crazy! I mean, it could earn you guys a ton too, just make it get it on the App Store and sell it for at least $2.99 or something. Anyway, your problably wondering why I decided to switch over to the new iPhone. My biggest problem was the App Store and how it uses runs off your data plan. What I am asking for is a App Store that can be installed on the PC/Mac and then can install Applications/Games onto the blackberry device through a USB connection. The second biggest, lack of Social Network application updates. Anyway, I am begging RIM to please make a BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone!

Forums Advisor I
kentonvannatten
My Device: Storm2 (9550)

Re: BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone 4

Legendary99 wrote:

My biggest problem was the App Store and how it uses runs off your data plan.

I was required to get an Unlimited Data Plan in order to get a BB.  I think most carriers do that.  If you have Unlimited data, then it shouldn't matter how the App Store is accessed from the phone. 

Legendary99 wrote:

What I am asking for is a App Store that can be installed on the PC/Mac and then can install Applications/Games onto the blackberry device through a USB connection.

www.blackberry.com/appworld  

Visit the site, and Browse the apps, when you find the one you want you can have it emailed to you.  You can then download it to your computer and install it via Desktop Manager with your phone connected to the USB. 

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Legendary99,

BlackBerry Messenger works using the BlackBerry smartphone's PIN which is unique to each one.  Only BlackBerry smartphones use the PIN thus BlackBerry Messenger is not available for non-BlackBerry devices. :smileysad:

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

tekgrl
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Cpt_Sweatpants,

That is a bit of a tautology, and it isn't a good answer to Legendary99's question. 

The point that non-blackberry devices don't have a PIN and thus can't use BBM is immaterial. What Legendary99 was getting at is that RIM could (and should) open up BBM for cross-platform application. That it isn't designed for it currently - well, thanks, we figured that out already. 

I think the engineers are clever enough to tinker with the BBM system to give my shiny new iPhone a PIN and thus enable me to use BBM again: the only thing I truly miss about my BlackBerry. I'd pay for that. So would zillions of people, and Jim Balsillie would be laughing all the way to the bank. 

So...get on it already!

TekGrl