Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
St3Ward
My Device: BB9360
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Podcasts on OS 7.1

rroyy is not an option.  The site has been closed down.  

I down loaded the 7.1 Bundle 1996 on Dec 5, 2012 and my podcasts were disab led.  I can't us my BB to keep up with tech news anymore.  From these posts that go back to April it's obvious that BB isn't interested in fixing the issue after 8 months.

Time for another phone.  They certainly don't care for their customers.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lynx
My Device: Not Specified

I just now updated my OS and had the same problem. The http://rroyy.com site is up and the download works currently. It even restored and synchronized all of my previous podcast. Great find who ever posted that. I will have to donate to that site for saving me the time and headache.

Thanks for posting.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
r2power
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

• The link to this app has disappeared from the forum.  Can you repost?  I am havng the same issue after getting a new phone, and I valued the old podcast app.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lynx
My Device: Not Specified

Here is the link... http://rroyy.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arveearv
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Mobilicity (formerly)

Yay!  I have been struggling with this same problem for the past month.  My service provider told me to contact BB.  BB support didn't seem aware of a common problem (which there clearly is), and has been suggesting fixes that haven't yet worked.

I too am planning to make a donation to the website that offered this software. 

Looks like the forum editors delete links to private sites, so the links in earlier messages might get deleted for future users with this problem.  Here's the URL with additional spaces and broken into lots of lines -- in hopes that it evades the censors:

ht 

tp://  

rroy 

y.co 

m

Follow the links:

Applications --> BlackBerry Podcasts [note: look for the version that matches your operating system] --> Download

It worked for me when I followed these steps on my BB''s browser (not on my computer). 

Thank you to all contributors who made this fix possible!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

I had what seems to be the same issue. I found the answer on CrackBerry. The podcast icon on your OS 7 device is not what it seems. It is not the app, it is simply a fancy interface for your podcast directory. To actually use it, you need to also download and install the app which is not already included in the OS7 bundle. You can get the app from BlackBerry World. For some reason though, you wont find it by using BlackBerry World's search function, but it is there at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13125/ . Install that and your icon will give you the fully functioning app. Well it did for me.
Hope this helps. Why do BB make things so difficult?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arveearv
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Mobilicity (formerly)

Thanks, dogmatooth.  I haven't tried your solution only because (for now) the rroy.com download, above, has worked so well.   But getting the app directly from BlackBerry seems much more direct, so I hope others can benefit from your advice.

A larger problem seems to be the lack of support/ knowlege on this from BB.  I'm thinking about upgrading to the Z10 or Q10, but is this the kind of help I'll receive?  Worse still, what will happen when system-10 phones are no longer their top-of-the-line product?  I fear that system-10 users will then get the "system-7 treatment".

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Thanks a lot mate, I just downloaded it and can't wait to see if it does the trick!!

Cheers
Please use plain text.