Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Bold 9930

BlackBerry User ID-Forgot password & secret question not working

I have a Bold 9930.  I have been trying to keep up with some of my device and app updates, but can't successfully log in.  I can sucessfully retrieve the password by entering the PIN number and receiving a message to the device, but when I try doing it with the email account, I am not receiving any messages at all, which leads me to belive that my Black Berry ID and Device PIN need to be linked somehow for this to work. I also have a second BB email from my previous job that is also set up on the device, and I cannot get a password message on it either, but I am not positive that there was a BB ID account set up for that email to begin with.

Visitor
My Device: 9800

Re: BlackBerry User ID-Forgot password & secret question not working

I can't login my app world
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey acash,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Was your BlackBerry ID setup with a BlackBerry email address or a different email address?  If it was created with a BlackBerry hosted email address, I would suggest checking out this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28111

Have you tried creating a new BlackBerry ID by going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid ?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: curve 9350

i have this problem as i lost my old sim on my blackberry but i have all my contats and photos saved on the phone so i dont want to wipe it what can i do

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

hi i also have the same problem of user ID forgot password& secret question not working