Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Sivvy108
My Device: blackberry curve 9600
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 9600

My blackberry 9600 recently rebooted for no reason and displayed either "error 102 reload software" or it would just load about 3/4 of the way and restart again.

I then connected the phone to my laptop and used the desktop manager to update the software (it displayed an option to update the software as soon as it connected)

This made the phone work but as soon as I update anything or the phone reboots for any reason, it starts again.

Is there any way of fixing this?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry 9600

I would do a clean OS reload.  This will wipe the device clean and reload the OS from scratch.  Here are some instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Sivvy108

Tried that now... It does the same as when I used the desktop softaware to reload the software

It works but as soon as it upgrades anything (inccluding bb ID) it reboots and only loads to about 3/4 of the way and restarts again

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Did you wipe it to a 507 error with bbsak?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Sivvy108

It restarted and has been working since then,.

Thank you for all the help

New Contributor
Sivvy108

it restarted and started again... Tried wiping it and reinstalling the software again but it still doesnt work if it restarts.

Is there anything else i can do?

Guru I
John_Clark

It's probably just time for an upgrade. That's a pretty old device and none of them last forever.
New Contributor
Sivvy108

It is... But my upgrade is only in march, I just need it to work for 1month. That's why I've been askin here instead of taking it in to be repaired.
But thanks again for the help, much appreciated
Guru I
John_Clark

Try safe mode. Remove the battery. While holding down the back key insert the battery. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds or so. Will it boot?