01-22-2014 01:04 PM
My blackberry 9600 recently rebooted for no reason and displayed either "error 102 reload software" or it would just load about 3/4 of the way and restart again.
I then connected the phone to my laptop and used the desktop manager to update the software (it displayed an option to update the software as soon as it connected)
This made the phone work but as soon as I update anything or the phone reboots for any reason, it starts again.
Is there any way of fixing this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-22-2014 01:26 PM
I would do a clean OS reload. This will wipe the device clean and reload the OS from scratch. Here are some instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
01-23-2014 10:16 AM
Tried that now... It does the same as when I used the desktop softaware to reload the software
It works but as soon as it upgrades anything (inccluding bb ID) it reboots and only loads to about 3/4 of the way and restarts again
01-23-2014 10:44 AM
01-26-2014 07:26 AM
01-26-2014 09:15 AM
01-26-2014 09:18 AM