Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
femmebeautyproducts
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 Phone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Bold 9000 can't access main screen

I have not used my blackberry for 18 months and when i turn it on it comes up with Blackberry Plaform 4.0.0.183 and lists Calender, Compose, Global Search etc etc.   Does anybody know what i need to do to be able to use it again.?   I don't have any of the original software.  Just downloaded the desktop manager. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 can't access main screen

femmebeautyproducts wrote:

I have not used my blackberry for 18 months and when i turn it on it comes up with Blackberry Plaform 4.0.0.183 and lists Calender, Compose, Global Search etc etc.   Does anybody know what i need to do to be able to use it again.?   I don't have any of the original software.  Just downloaded the desktop manager. 

Hi femmebeautyproducts,

Plug your BlackBerry on your PC and open your Desktop Manager. If there is no update prompt message. On your Desktop Manager, click Device > Update.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
femmebeautyproducts
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 Phone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately the desktop manager i downloaded won't open.  It says can't open in DOS mode.   Do you happen to know where I can download a desktop manager that i could open?  :-)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Go look at C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Rim.Desktop.exe and double click it.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.