Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
tavella

Blackberry CDMA network issue

I've addressed this issue multiple times. Thank GOD there is a forums group setup by RIM. I have had a problem with multiple 8830's where the network strength indicator drops down to nothing, the 1XEV disappears and poof, I cannot receive emails, use Blackberry Maps, use the web browser, or any other program that depends on the network stack. The funny thing is that other Java applications that request low level access to the network (MidpSSH) still works. I'm sure those people who are experiencing the problem know about the three fixes... Battery pull, ALT+SHIFT+DEL, or cycling the Moble Network under Manage Connections. A Sprint employee on buzzaboutwireless.com http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryPDAsandSmartPhones&thread.i...said he was working with RIM back in January/early February and that a patch for this issue was supposed to be released within weeks. What gives? I know it takes time to develop, test, and release but this has been happening since I first purchased a Blackberry last October. Only recently has this finally been acknowledged. I know that 4.2.2.196 doesn't resolve the issue at all. Are we stuck waiting for 4.5 to have this fixed or will this problem be resolved before hand?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
suz01

Re: Blackberry CDMA network issue

same issue, same question. Verizon 8830 here. The biggest issue beyond not being able to access the data network, is the huge drain on battery.

thx.

BB8830 Verizon
Please use plain text.
Contributor
atyson

[ Edited ]

Same issue here I have one 8830 from VZW that can only get a 1x signal.

I am reporting my experience about it @ blackberryforums.com, at first I thought it was a side affect of an os upgrade to 4.2.2.197.. After reading this, apparently not..

My posts start at the bottom under user biga.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/120748-latest-os-8830-v4-2-2-353-4-2-...

Message Edited by atyson on 04-03-2008 01:06 AM
Message Edited by atyson on 04-03-2008 01:07 AM
Message Edited by atyson on 04-03-2008 01:07 AM
Lotus Notes 7.0.3
BES 4.1.4
Users: 50
Devices: 8703e, 8130, 8830
Carrier: Verizon/Vodafone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moridar

Same problem here on Telus.  There is a ticket open with RIM about it and a fix is being worked on.  That was 3 weeks ago.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbguy

Not that this helps as Im just reiterating what's written previously, an update is on the horizon.
Please use plain text.