Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Etisalat / o2

Blackberry ID Blackberry protect

I have blackberry ID on my blackberry bold. When I try to put a different sim card in my phone it asks for the password. However it tells me that the password is incorrect when I'm using the different sim card. When I put my original sim back in the phone it turns straight on without asking for a password.

The only way around this is each time I have to select, 'forgot password' then I enter my security answer and reset the password over e-mail. I can then use the new password to sign into blackberry ID using the new sim card. Then when I put my original sim back in, I have to go through the whole thing again.

I need to use 2 different sim cards for work purposes so this is a huge issue for me. How do I completely remove this blackberry ID from my device so I can freely swap and change sim's?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry ID Blackberry protect

Hello Leighjayne and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

As an additional security measure, when the SIM card is swapped, the correct BlackBerry® ID password needs to be entered. You should be able to enter the latest password selected without having to do the email reset each time.

The BlackBerry ID cannot be disabled or removed.

For more information on this, please see KB29361

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!