Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Godzilla
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Zain

Blackberry Internet Service ( Not Connected )

Dear All,

i'm a BB user in Saudi Arabia. i subscribed in a BIS from one of the service providers here. my BB services are working fine i can receive and send mails and using BBM but the strange thing when i check my Service Status it shows Blackberry Internet Servie: Not Connected ????!!!!!

i tried to download some of the apps like facebook 1.7 it gave me an error message saying i dont have a Blackberry Internet Service Plan please contact your service provider. i checked with my friends its the same with the other 2 service providers we have here in Saudi Arabia as we have 3 total.

are we being scammed by the service providers or what ???

btw i use a Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.545

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
melihlevent
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Turkey

Re: Blackberry Internet Service ( Not Connected )

hi pls try that,

options- advange options - host routing table -- and selech blackberry menu button and select register now for all options.

check:  options - advange options - browser -- default browser must be internet browser or  blackberry browser.

send service book and reset your handheld.   (alt+right shift+del)

best regard

Blackberry support teams in linkedin ...join
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2785187&trk=anet_ug_hm

For Russian
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3183812&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1278482273982_1
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
camieqifa
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: celcom

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I ran the diagnostics test and it says that I'm registered to the Blackberry network but that I am not connected to Blackberry and beneath that where it says PIN-PIN it says 'abort'. How can I fix this? What does it even mean???? Please help! im using blackberry 9800

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

camieqifa wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I ran the diagnostics test and it says that I'm registered to the Blackberry network but that I am not connected to Blackberry and beneath that where it says PIN-PIN it says 'abort'. How can I fix this? What does it even mean???? Please help! im using blackberry 9800

Duplicate:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
dave_remb
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind

I'm also facing the same issue. 

My question is do you have to have data on when roaming when registering the blackberry?

I've tried everything that everyone has recommended and still nothing

Me and my wife both have the exact phone. 

We've been in Poland for 3 weeks and my blackberry internet service was working great when on wifi.  My wife wasn't connecting.  I set her email on my phone so she could receive her emails. 

We are now in Italy and now both won't connect to the BIS.  I have quite a few emails that would be downloaded if I turn roaming on. 

My question is If you are roaming and are connected to wifi, if you turn data on when roaming will the BB use the wifi right away?  I tried this when connected to wifi the BB Icon came on right away and stuff started coming in.  I turned it right off and the icon disappeared.  Does anyone have any insight on this? 

Please use plain text.