Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
BUZBY
My Device: Curve 8900

Blackberry Maps - horizontal lines on screen

Can anyone help me?

I have BB maps on my 8310 but I only see horizontal lines on screen, when use the "where I am" function A pin shows where but just on the horizontal lined screen.

I have downloaded google maps which works fine so I assume I have the relevant data connection.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Maps - horizontal lines on screen

can you take a picture and post it here ?
I don't see what you mean.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BUZBY

Hi, Sorry I'm not technical enough to post a photo! The screen is dark green with diagonal lines and a target in the middle, the bottom bar shows messages saying "requesting" and "rendering" but the screen stays the same.

In the help section of my 8310 it says that diagonal lines appear when new maps are loading or if it is not connected to the wireless network but I can be on the wireless network with google??

Hope this explains the problem a bit more 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

so it's diagonal or horizontal ??????

do you hava a data plan (a subscription other than making phone calls or sending SMS) ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

the issue has been discussed many times, you can read the previous discussions on that matter :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BUZBY

Thanks for your advice. I finally sorted out the problem. I found on here ho to update the OS to 4.5, when this was complete I retried BB maps which came up with the message to the tune of "BIS and BES needs to be set". I called my service provider who done this for me which got the maps working. Hooray!!
Please use plain text.