Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Rollercoaster
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Messenger Missing from my Bold

Thanks JSanders. It does work this way. After deleting the messenger I got all back to normal. then downloaded the messenger with the browser. NOT with the upgrade icon on the menu.

Now restoring bbm contacts and done.

Thanks. Kudos from me.

Please use plain text.
drconehead2000
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: ATT

I am having the exact same problem as this user.  I rebooted my device, and suddenly there was no BBM.  I figured...ok lets see if its still in my App list....it is.   So I deleted it and rebooted...still the same issue, not even an icon present.

I have gone through and wiped my device to try and get a clean install of my operating system and then install BBM...still not present.  I have checked every folder on my BB and have show all selected.

I even went through my service books and routing table (you) described in another post and resent everything in the order as stated.  Nothing is helping and it is driving me crazy.

I tried making a shortcut using Quicklaunch and it gives me an error saying the program I am trying to link to must be open.  BBM is definitely installed on my device, but it seems like its not active.

Do you have any ideas?  They would be greatly appreciated.  I am using the Bold 9700 with current OS and the most recent BBM is installed.

Thanks

Alex

Please use plain text.
salimbaig
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: ETISALAT

I have also the same problem,

I downloaded the new BB Device software 5.00 and installed it on my BOLD. After which the BB messenger, Windows Live messenger and GTALK went missing. However I went on the blackberry site and downloaded all the softwares. Now although its showing as installed in my Application list in OPTIONS->ADVANCED OPTIONS->APPLICATIONS  but the launch icons are missing and nowhere to be found.

Have checked in each and every folder and also checked on the HOME screen. Nothing is HIDDEN and the option selected is SHOW ALL. 

But it seems all my IM's are in an invisible state including FACEBOOK.

Also when I asked my friends to PING me on my BBM. They said that it confirmed a delivery for the PING.

I beleive its a more technical problem rather than a simple solution.

P.S. After i installed the NEW OS 5.0 there was an error "UNcaught JAVA Exception"

P.S. Also Facebook cannot be installed as it says that " This module requires the following module, which is not installed - net_rim_bbapi_contactlinking

Please help....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gouki_master
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: 3 UK

Hi. I have the same problem. I have emailed today appsupport and are just waiting for a response. As soon as I got my Bold 9000 last November I updated to the beta OS 5.0.0.238, I'm guessing this is the problem. With the OS I got version 5 of bbm, so I can only think that as the OS I'm using is beta, it can't handle one of the components being upgraded. I wouldn't mind except for I haven't come across an official OS5 for my Bold, and I don't want to use 4.6 because, well, its not the latest version. When I reinstalled the beta desktop manager it did reinstall the older version of bbm, but I made the mistake of trying to update again. It frustrated me enough that for about a week I just haven't bothered. Hopefully appsupport will come back to me with a decent answer, such as an official (out of beta) OS5. I'm sure that would solve the problem. Btw, did you notice on one of your many re-installs on the download description it states it will only work on official RIM or carrier OSes? The cheek.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gouki_master
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: 3 UK

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Downgrade-BBM-to-V-5-0-0-57/m...

Check on this forum, Im doing it now, downgrading to 5.0.66

Its not ideal, but at least I can use bbm unti la solution is found. I think in my case its bwecause Im running OS5 beta.

Please use plain text.
bruiser75
My Device: Bold 4 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you! Did exactly as u mentioned and retrieved my BB Messenger. It did not happen from appsworld but from the link.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phanie
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: o

Have same prob there's no app bbm in blackberry. World even in my world area
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phanie
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: o

I tried to download it again but it says sorry your device does not meet the system requirements to support BlackBerry meesennger
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

phanie wrote:
I tried to download it again but it says sorry your device does not meet the system requirements to support BlackBerry meesennger

Where did you try to download it from? How?

On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.  What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.