Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Kahuna1980
My Device: 9000 Bold
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Messenger Missing from my Bold

Hi, I had my bold for a year now. The other day trying to install the new version of the bb messenger the appstore app crashed. After restarting my bb I found out that my bb messenger icon was gone. So I tried to erase both app's (app store and bb messenger) and re installing it. But nothing happened I have my appstore icon in my desktop, I have installed both again (appstore app, and messenger) the thing that it's burning my mind and I can't find any solution it's that when I go to settings>advanced setting>application I see that the bb messenger it's installed (and yes I al ready check that the icon it's not hidden) further more I go to the appstore my world and I find my bb messenger installs I click on the "run" button but nothing happens.

Anyone, please? I'm melting my brain trying to find a solution but nothing happens, please Santa bring me an answer!!!!

New Contributor
Euniq9
My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry Messenger Missing from my Bold

Hi. I have this exact same problem caused by the exact same upgrade. I'm hoping there is a reason and a solution for this.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Both of you check these things:

1. Press the Menu key for 2-3 seconds until the Application Switcher ribbon bar appears, scroll across it. Do you see the BlackBerry Messenger icon? Click on it--does your BBM app open?

2. 1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, et
If you still don't see it, look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Euniq9
My Device: Bold

Thanks for the suggestions.

For me the BBM icon did not appear in my Application Switcher ribbon bar.

The icon did not appear when i set the homescreen to SHOW ALL.

I've checked all my folders and could not find the icon in any of them.

In Options > Advanced > Applications I do see that the most current version of BBM is on my list of applications.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled numerous times with the same results. After a reboot I get a BBM icon that says (Archive). I click on restore and it finished restoring. Then when I search for the icon I am unable to find it anywhere.

JSanders

Euniq9, do this:

Use your BlackBerry Messenger function to backup your contacts you have now, and also, do a complete backup using Desktop manager.

Then, go to Options > Advanced > Applications and scroll the Messenger application and don't click on it, just scroll to it. Click Menu > Delete and remove the application.

Now, do a reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Finally, use your BlackBerry browser to go to http://blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and download/install the Messenger application again.

After installation and possibly another reboot, check your Instant Messaging Folder, or Downloads folder for the application.

You can restore your contacts from the BBM v.5 application or from the Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Kahuna1980

I tried this, but I'm still having the some problem, I'm really wondering what I do wrong but I'm just with out ideas.

New Contributor
Kahuna1980

Dear Jsanders, as I posted in my first post, I all ready checked for hidden app. Actually it's very wired because when I go to my appstore Aplication and click "run" in the messenger aplication it show the clock like my device it's "thinking" but nothing happens. So i think that if the problem is that the messenger app it's hidden when I click run, it should open the messenger.

My best Regards.

Guido

JSanders

If you are installing Messenger from AppWorld, then you are not following the directions I have posted just ^^ above.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Kahuna1980

JSanders wrote:

If you are installing Messenger from AppWorld, then you are not following the directions I have posted just ^^ above.

I tried both, with the appstore first, then without, nothing seems to work.

JSanders

It will work. Be patient.

I would honestly say just delete the app from AppWorld. Get it out of your MyWorld area.

If you press Menu > Switch Applications, now, what icons appear in the ribbon bar?

Knowledge Base Updates