Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
BlizzardOz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Messenger Problem

Hi,

I recently updated the software on my Torch, and now when I receive a group message I only get access to a "Message Preview" on the Messages page. In order to actually read a group message I have to go all the way through the group to get to chats etc, and its a complete pain. Is there anyway to remedy this, and have it so that when the new message comes up on my messages page I can go straight into it in the chat, rather than having to go this long circuitous route?

Thanks everyone!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Blackberry Messenger Problem

what happens when you click on that line in the message app?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BlizzardOz

When I click on it I am taken to a page with just the message preview at the top. On that page I can't do anything, I can't even click on it, which means I just get the beginning of whatever is said as a preview, and if i want to view the message have to go back and all the way through the group menus in bbm...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

when you have that preview, do you confirm that there is just a line with a button underneath ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BlizzardOz

Let me try and explain a bit more clearly:

When I go into my messages (where all my emails are, and normal bbm conversations) the group bbm message appears as normal. I used to be able to just click and go straight into the group chat. Now it just open a new page with a message preview. All there is the name of the group, the name of the chat, and the beginning of the message. Below that the entire screen is completely blank. I cannot click on this preview or do anything on this page. To get into the chat I have to go all the way through bbm and the chat menus... Takes ages.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
ogamoose
My Device: bold
My Carrier: etisalat

Hello,

I have the same exact problem and really need to resolve it. It is worse than a pain, it is annoying and makes me wonder which genius at RIM thought this preview nonsense was a great idea. So NOT user friendly.

Please use plain text.