Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

akwong87
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Messenger - Random adds from strangers? (spammed?)

I have the same problem and judging by the fact that RIM hasnt responded to this post, they don't have a fix.  What a crappy service and a crappy piece of junk phone.

Who developes software and hardware that cannot be fixed.

I am getting about 300 contact invites a day and it is obviously a spam bot.  RIM obviously does not have security levels high enough to be able to operate a **bleep** network.

Unless they fix this issue or suggests some kind of solution THAT WORKS, **and not charge $49 for a troubleshoot, I don't think I will ever use Blackberry ever again, and I suggest all of you to do the same.

Please use plain text.
LeaFal22
My Device: torch

I am having this problem with arabic requests on bbm..I don't even use this feature and have never given my pin out. Is there a fix for this?
Please use plain text.
raeofsunshine78
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I have never posted this pin anywhere... how do I stop the invites?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mafathy
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Etisalat

I think this problem, which I also suffering from, happened after installing BBM Stickers, in order it works you have to accept BBM contacts invites. Maybe I'm wrong, but everything started when I installed this app.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mafathy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mafathy

BBM should have the option of allowing or stop in such thing under it's own settings, not to be controlled by the device OS settings or even worst, by other 3rd party applications, which is the case.
Please use plain text.
CStolk
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Carmen

Hi I seem to have the same problem with all these invitations coming through and its really irritating. Please help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

once you have accepted those people as new BBM contacts, can you look at the apps they have installed?

can you confirm that they all have installed the application named "Random Friend" developed by "Viet Hop Software"?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
unwilling
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: O2

I've got the same problem. When I ask the new contacts where they got my pin from they say facebook, that's if they are being polite - most of the time they are very rude demanding a photo and saying things like "facebook, I can't f**king remember". I've tried googling a few things but can't find anything. As far as I'm aware I've never entered my PIN anywhere, my mobile number was on facebook but I've now deleted it. Could it be FB has picked up the number from the times when I've logged in with my phone (I don't currently have FB app installed)?

Whatever it is the people contacting me are really very rude and unappreciative when I say I am not interested in chatting. From experience on a 'contact' sites years ago(nothing to do with current phone) I'd say this is typical of some people's attitude these days and it's not very nice. Imagine if a child had my phone.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

unwilling:
hi, can you check the apps that those contacts have installed?
you can do that by viewing the BBM profile of those contacts.
--> "Random Friend" from Viet hop software.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.