Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
unwilling
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry Messenger - Random adds from strangers? (spammed?)

I've deleted them all and put them onto 'ignore' future requests. If I get any more I will check this and get back to you. If they have what's the solution?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

once we are sure this is that app, put a lot of *pressure* on the developer of the app to either remove it from BlackBerry World, or implement a blacklist that you can register to "I don't want my PIN to be reachable by the app".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
unwilling

[ Edited ]

It's a facebook page which people join and share pins I couldn't see any apps from the next person who contacted me, but when I asked he said it was facebook (3rd person to say this) hotspice bbmpins sure enough I looked at face book and it came up with this https://www.facebook.com/bbm.bbmpins?fref=ts when you type bbm pins into the search box there are also other similar pages which look like they do the same thing. From the screen shots he's sent I've narrowed it down to this site https://www.facebook.com/southamptonbbmpin?fref=ts and this person https://www.facebook.com/sexydeana2?hc_location=stream who has accidentally posted my PIN number. He was under the impression he was chatting to her.

I have contacted the owner of the facebook page (Southamptonpin) to request the post be removed. Don't know if anyone else's issues could be the result of posts to this type of pin sharing group, but it's possible. I wanted to report it to facebook but because I can't bring up the post on the page I can't do that.

Perhaps RIM can contact FB about this issue?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

It can also be this app called "PinBook". I deleted it like 7-8 months ago and I still get BBM friend requests, last one I got this morning!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

this one?
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/48845/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz

Yes that is the one.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

it seems the app is not available anymore in the AppWorld, hopefully only people who installed it in the past can still use it.
I get such a contact 4 or 5 times each week !

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz

Hehe, sorry, I was a bit quick with my reply there. Please ignore my last post.
I have uninstalled and deleted it from my account in AppWorld, but I can still download it, so I think it is available for other people too. Let's hope its not.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
unwilling

Has anyone else tried asking the contacts where they found their number?It was the way I got to the bottom of mine. There are a lot of the BBM PINs sharing facebook pages out there and the contacts be the result of accidental typos or someone playing a personal joke.

Please use plain text.