Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

jess_leung
My Device: Curve 8900

Blackberry Messenger - Random adds from strangers? (spammed?)

Hey,

I noticed this problem yesterday so it is pretty recent and it is getting on my nerves.

I've had over 70 adds in the space of about 12 hours from people I do not know on BBM. Seriously, I get one add followed by another, then another almost non-stop! It's driving me crazy. 

I have no idea how this could have happened. A few of my friends have my pin but other forums seem to suggest that this mass adding could just be from friends passing my pin on to others. To me that suggestion doesn't seem right as I get adds NON-STOP (so must surely be coming from the same source?)

I've tried to remove their requests but other pins just keep adding. I've tried to decline their request but they keep re-adding. 

I have absolutely no idea what has happened here or whether it's a common thing?

Thank You for you help!

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Messenger - Random adds from strangers? (spammed?)

Hi jess_leung and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Have you posted your PIN anywhere, such as Twitter, Facebook or any other Social Media type sites?

If possible, can you provide me with your PIN via Private Message so that I can take a look for anything unusual on our side?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Visitor
ttwtmlp
My Device: Curve 8310

I just started having the same problem yesterday with my curve 8310 through At&t.  I don't give out my pin to anyone, I have one contact in there. I barely give anyone my phone number and those that do have it, only the 1 has a blackberry phone.  I've had the phone since May.

I'd say I've received about 10 spam adds since yesterday, the last 4 I added to the ignore list.  

Now, I have the notificiation stuck, with a 2(smiley face).  Yesterday, it was just 1.

There is nothing in my blackberry messenger, global message folder, sms/mms folder, saved folder or either e-mail folders - when I received both of those.

Pulling the battery doesn't fix it - I've tried several times. It vibrates, notifies and flashes red before it even finishes reloading the screen - telling me I have those 2 notifications.

any suggestions?

rtomkins7
My Device: Not Specified

i know y and its happened to me and need help on stopping it!!!

Seashells
My Device: Curve

i need help resolving this issue, just between Friday 15th and Sunday 17th i received over 300bbm requests from people i di not know.. 95% of the the requests appeared to be in a foreign language perhaps Arabic.

I received about 10 for the day thus far, which is a vast improvement, since it is quite frustrating to experience this. My pin has not been psoted anywhere, as far as i am aware.

Also, my phone is showing the bbm icon, as if i have bbm messages to be read, but there is nothing there. I have cleared all my chats. switched the phone on and off a million and one times. I even tried removing the battery and sim card a few times, but the bbm message icon is still there.

Can someone Please help out here

Thanks

Seashells

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Hello Seashells,

are you still having those mass invites ?
what about the BBm notifications icon?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Seashells
My Device: Curve

yes, i am still having the same problem with the invites, just not as bad, the requests have decreased by alot.

also, i have 16 bbm notifications that i cannot get rid of
angbart
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

• I am now getting random BBM requests. I didn't see a fix for this.. is there one?
New Contributor
karlcockburn
My Device: Curve 8520

Same problem here, a fix would be nice :smileyindifferent: I don't like having to decline about 20 a day.
Mandre
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Yes I have the same problem and I'm really sick of it!!! What can we do??? Please help me! I'm desperate!!!