Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Voadfone

Blackberry Messenger problem in the UK

In the last 3-4 days Blackberry Messeenger has been acting very weird for everyone I know !?

Messages not getting sent and then later being received 3-5 times days later. I am with Vodafone and I know 3 other people experiencing this problem as well as others on other networks.

Its a recent thing and very annoying!

Is there something going on ?

New Developer
New Developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile GER

Re: Blackberry Messenger problem in the UK

Absolutly the same here. Me and my contacts are annoyed of this problem.

Maybe it's because the BIS Update?

New Contributor

Yes its driving everyone insane... Im glad to hear everyone is experiencing it!

I think the Blackberry servers are set to have the updates done on the 25th?

New Developer
New Developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile GER

Hmm I only heard about the US date (28th). 

Is 25th the date for Europe?

Btw in the US they'll shut down the whole system for about 4 hours.

I didn't notice that this will happen in Europe... maybe they updated already at running systems Smiley Very Happy

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Yes I'm having the same issues which I started noticing in the past couple of days. As far as I remember I didn't have the issue immediately after the latest OS upgrade. Besides, my wife, who is on O2 is having the same issues. I think it's a BB server issue, rather than a network or handset issue.

It is very annoying, particularly if you have grown to rely on the messenger as frequent form of communication. You may ask a contact a quick question, but the message gets stuck and doesn't get delivered until much later, by which time it is useless and actually causes confusion! Also, I noticed a disruption to the sequential messaging. So for example you'll write 3 lines of messages back to back. It won't deliver the 1st one, but deliver 2nd and 3rd and maybe deliver the 3rd one an hour later!

This is a major nuisance RIM, fix it quick!

New Contributor

Yes thats it... I have messaged about 20 of my contacts and it happening to everyone!? I also have the sequential messaging problem you pointed out!

Must be resolved by RIM soon. BBM is somethign I use regularly and its basically useless now!

Regular Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000

It's the same problem here in Middle East and also in France. It's came after the BIS upgrade to 3.0

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hey guys,

I am also having this problem and so is the rest of my Contacts on BBM.  It certainly does appear to be a problem with BIS 3.0; as soon as this was deployed there's been issues with BBM.

Hope RIM are looking at these topics and get a fix in place as soon as possible.