Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
fadiayad
My Device: curve 9300

Re: Blackberry OS 6 Download

look its easy

first you get the OS file u want.. and install it on  your PC

then close all internet connections to ur PC if you have wired or wireless internet jst disconnect

then open the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" the (x86) only for windows 7 64 bits.. otherwise its "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader"

delete the file called Vendor.XML

and open the folder called : "C:\Users\'(YOUR USER PROFILE)'\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion"

if you have other windows jst look the user files location and follow the rest

delete any Vendor.XML files u can find

do not close the folders where you deleted the Vendor.XML files form

then Connect ur Blackberry to the PC through USB Cable and open the BB desktop manager

while loading if the file Vendor.Xml Appeared again. jst delete it once it appears.. 

you should be able to find the new update then :smileyhappy:

try it and tell me what happens and remember disconnect the internet until your blackberry finds and starts installing the new OS, then you can reconnect to the internet

New Contributor
brayniboy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G

Hello All,

Thanks for all the help.  I wasn't able to try your suggestion to disconnect to the internet anymore.

Since the error was saying the Desktop Software couldn't find any OS, I decided to uninstall both the desktop software and the new OS.  After reinstalling the Desktop Software and installing the new OS, I deleted the "Vendor.xml" file from the apploader folder. When I connected my curve 3G unit, the desktop software notified me that it cannot connect to the device.  it gave me the option to retry the connection or update.  So i chose to update and was able to select the new OS i installed and it was smooth sailing from there.

I appreciate the time and help all of you provided.

wamiq
My Device: Blackberry 9100

So cant i upgrade my Blackberry 9100 to OS6
New Contributor
ferraojoe
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

hi there could you please send me the OS file ...help highly appreciated...thannks in advance

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ferraojoe wrote:

hi there could you please send me the OS file ...help highly appreciated...thannks in advance

There's a link above, in my post in this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

When I tried to update the OS it says "This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."

Does anyone have any idea how to fix that? I tried everything. Is it possible that the device is locked somehow, to prevent updating the OS?

Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kosten4 wrote:

When I tried to update the OS it says "This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."

Does anyone have any idea how to fix that? I tried everything. Is it possible that the device is locked somehow, to prevent updating the OS?

You need the BlackBerry Data Plan on your device . Do you have it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

I thought about it and tried it with a SIM card with a data plan. But still the same. Actually, when I think about it, I didn't send the service book.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor
adekiite
My Device: Curve 3G

it's usually like that because BB OS preinstalled apps are based on the service provider plus sometimes, the desktop manager takes time and a number of re-tries, which is sometimes based on internet network, before it eventually asserts that there is an update... p.s: hope my reply is not too late and it stil answer your question
Adekiite Edema
gawainf
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi there was looking for some other info and found your post.

Is it possible to put the version of OS7 that is in the link you provided on a 9800?

thanks

G