Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
paulkramer
My Device: Bold 9650

Blackberry Registration Messages Since 6.0 Upgrade

Since I installed 6.0 last weekend, I have been receiving ~ 6 "Your device has been registered with the wireless network" messages every day.

I work in a building that has spotty reception and these messages only appear on work days - when I evidently lose and regain network connectivity.

I never received these messages with the previous OS (5-something, whatever was installed on my Bold 9650 as received from Verizon a few months ago).

Does anyone know why I am now receiving these messages?  I also lose my login information for Facebook each time I lose connectivity.  This never happened prior to installing 6.0 either.  Sometimes when I select the FB icon, a little spinning clock icon appears and I have to pull the battery to un-freeze the phone.

Also - though this happened with 6.0 as well as the previous OS - I get all these crazy notifications/texts informing me that I have a voicemail, etc. - when the voicemail icon already clearly indicates that I have a voicemail! 

How do I stop this message overload!!??

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor
KrisInOK
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Registration Messages Since 6.0 Upgrade

I experience this just about daily.  I also have a verizon 9650.   I've also noticed that my battery life has been shot since the ugrade, even though I've turned everything down to check things on occasion, never had a problem with having to change setting with 5.

New Contributor
paulkramer

Thanks.  At least I'm not alone.

VZW of course doesn't have enough experience with 6.0 to offer any solutions.

Guess I'll just have to live with these extra messages until someone comes up with a solution.  PITA.  Can't tell the registration messages from important emails.  Or unimportant emails, lol.

Yes, I notice battery life is shorter.  I can still go two days on a charge if I barely use the phone.

But, I expected that even with 5 and bought a spare battery and external charger.

federalista
My Device: 9650

My 9650 is doing the exact same thing.

Every morning when I wake up my phone tells me that it has been reregistered on the wireless network.

And it does log me out of all of my apps that I am signed into.

vzw has been unable to help me in any way with this.

If you figure this one out, please post and let us all know!

jillybeans25

Seems like it's a network connection issue and switching your mobile connection from GLOBAL to 1X might do the trick.  Found this thread on another forum. 

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/blackberry-registration-email-everytime-i-come-back-into-service-5...

New Contributor
KrisInOK

I'll try this out, and let you know how it works. 

New Contributor
paulkramer

I'll try it too.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I wondered about that setting, but VZW support told me it should be set to Global.  LOL.

New Contributor
KrisInOK

It has to be set to global when going overseas...

New Contributor
u182866

I assume you are using a world phone with a sim card that was pre-installed from you carrier ? I have a Bold 9650 and it has a pre-installed sim card that has not been registered as I have not traveled abroad just yet. The problem occurs when you lose signal and then regain it like for example when you travel on the train to and from work or are in an area where reception is spotty. I have re-produced the issue by placing my phone in a metal pot after enabling the logging by holding ALT+LGLG. Then I sent the log to Blackberry who told me there is a line of code that needs to be fixed when a world phone is equipped with a sim card. The short term solution is to simply remove the sim card and keep someplace safe. After testing this, the messages have stopped. Blackberry has advised this will be corrected in the next software update. Hope this helps.

New Contributor
paulkramer

Never considered the SIM card.

Setting the mobile network technology setting to 1XEV instead of Global has eliminated this issue for me. 

Props to the person in this thread that recommended this change!