Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
cartwrightn
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Smart Card reader

I have a brand new Blackberry Smart Card reader for my 8700g.  After updating the firmware for the device displays the the error message "JE 507".  Has anyone ever encountered this, and if so does anyone have a solution for this?

Na Derro  

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Smart Card reader

Don't recognize that error, but the software config you setup for the device will likely need a closer look.  I know with the bluetooth keyboards you have to create a config that allows keyboard injection which is off by default.
posted by DigitalFrog
cartwrightn

This error message is on the bluetooth device itself.  When I recieved the device it would not pair or even talk to the blackberry until I uploaded some new software in the device.  Then once the software was loaded it the LED display begain to show the following error message;

JE 507

It is not covered in the manuals or in the online documentation.   

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Sounds like a bad software upgrade to me then.  I'd call the manufacturer if they have a support line, or try reinstalling the software on the device.  Did it specify it was BlackBerry compatible?
posted by DigitalFrog
cartwrightn

Found the issue as it turns out there is something about the driver that caches itself in the loader so that the driver for the blackberry device was loaded on the bluetooth and vise versa.  You have to make sure that the drivers are kept separate.

- -Thank you.  

Please use plain text.
HerbExch

Cartwrightn......can you explain a little bit more in detail on how I can resolve the same issue I am having with my CAC Reader. 

Thank oyu.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bdahl77
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the same problem with my blackberry smartcard reader, can you explain how to fix it?
Please use plain text.