Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

leglessplok
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

Blackberry bridge affect car bluetooth kit connection

Does anybody else notice bluetooth handfree connection dropping out when Blackberry Bridge is installed.

I have a Bold 9900 with Bridge installed (makes sense being a Playbook owner), however since installing it I notice the Bold to car handfree connection drops out frequently, so my car keeps connecting and disconnecting. The Playbook isn't even anywhere near the car.

I tried turning off Bridge while in the car and that didn't help.

I then tired uninstalling Bridge and it seems to have fixed the problem.  However I'd love the best of both world i.e. the software to connect to my Playbook, while still being able to connect to the car hands-free.

Would be great to hear if anyone has similar problems (and even better a solution!) thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kersus
My Device: Curve 9300, Playbook 32, Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry bridge affect car bluetooth kit connection

I don't know, but there is a connection.  I have only had success getting my Bridge to turn on with the phone after a security wipe and it immediately shuts off once I pair my phone with the blackberry visor mount.  That bridge makes my hair fall out.  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.