Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
stepinsteve
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry core applications 6.0.0

I have a Torch 9800 O.S.6.0  everytime I connect to desktop it shows that I need to update the core applications. I have noticed that when I install or uninstall a app and a reboot is required is when I have to reinstall the core applications update 6.0.0. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix this so that it stays installed on my phone when I have to reboot.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Blackberry core applications 6.0.0

1)

when you connect your device to the desktop sofware, you will be prompted to upgrade your OS. You can simply click "cancel" and proceed.

2) when you install or delete an application, you may be asked to reboot your device. This can be done without being connected to a computer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stepinsteve
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes I understand all of that I just do not understand why it is when I do a reboot that the core application update is also removed in which then requires me to have to re-install it

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zabir
My Device: 9800 Torch

I am having the exact same problem.
My torch is updated to the latest firmeware so why do I have to keep updating the CORE APPLICATION update every time I reboot?

Its very annoying.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
datadrifter
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem. I have a Torch 9800 running the latest OS6. Every time I try to use the desktop app to install new programs it wants to do a "core applications" install, which is a mandatory installation and thus can't be unchecked. I ran it once thinking it would not nag me any more but it continues. The big problem is that after it runs I must reinstall and/or reconfigure most all of my apps...very inconvenient.. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? BTW, I don't have these kind of issues with my iPhone. Are you listening BB?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

datadrifter wrote:

Are you listening BB?

I feel your desire to sound dramatic.

But no, RIM employees do not monitor these forums, it is explicitly written in the Terms & Conditions that you agreed when you registered. This is a community forum, where consumers spend part of their free time to help others.

My rant being done, I think the fastest is to open the "add and remove programs" in Windows and uninstall the BlackBerry OS you have installed.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fjrohlf
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same annoying problem. I do just cancel each time but it makes me worry about the future of the BB platform when they let such an annoying bug be released. There are other choices out there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki
My Device: torch
My Carrier: t mobile

same problem here, it is really annoying

Please use plain text.