Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

Blackberry messenger profile picture

After wiping my blackberry and resetting it to its factory default, I downloaded and installed blackberry messenger and sent ping invites to all my friends. I was not aware of the "restore contacts from backup" option. Anyway, after re-inviting and being accepted by them, I no longer get their BB messenger profile picture displayed. I thought I'd wait a while longer for the profiles to update but nothing happens even after their profile activity updates. I get every other update from my friends except their profile picture.

How do I get this to work?

Solutions: 6,138
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry messenger profile picture

Here are two public statements RIM has released in regards to the BBM Avatar issue, it's been answered in the forums here dozens of times:
1.BBM Avatars should now be updating in most regions. If you were experiencing issues please try updating your Avatar again.
2. Some users in APAC (the Asia Pacific area) may be experiencing issues with BBM Avatars not updating. Product teams are aware of this issue and looking into it.
3. Finally, More information at this RIM Knowledge Base article:
KB19815 - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19815
I hope this helps. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

The funny thing about it is that it used to display the profile pictures from my contacts. After the first wipe, it stopped displaying. Wiped again, started displaying, and now not anymore. Which is why I think that its device/software related instead of carrier/connection related.

Anyhoo, the link attached in your reply, kinda gave me shun some light onto the cause of it.

I guess its a matter of waiting it out.

Thanks again.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Vodafone

Well!...same here! Before it worked by me and since a while its not working at all, I beleive the earlier version worked out but my current version the v5.0.0.328 whch i've updated yesterday  doesn't(9530).

In the meantime I've tried with some options like re-registering and so on but still not working. If someone beleives it the matter of Asia but it looks that in Europe doesn't works either!

**bleep**! :No: that the RIM doesn't publish a simple link that might support customers and help them stop searching hours and hours and all these discussions!