Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: PLaybook - 64 Gig
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry protect & BBID

Recently there seems to be a change in how blackberry protect manages the BBID, I have a number of blackberry's in our household with my wife & children, I used to be able to use my BBID for protect in order to have all phones back-up / view locaTION / etc all from one login on the protect website. recently Protect has started using the BBID associated with each individual phone, rather than allowing me to enter it during set-up. Is it still possible to enter a seperate BBID for BB protect only?? It is a bit of a hinderance now having to remember 5 different BBID's & passwords!!

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry protect & BBID

Each BlackBerry phone that has a BlackBerry ID associated with it will require a separate login with BlackBerry Protect.  Consider if you somehow got your friend's PIN and were able to locate that friend on a map at anytime by logging in with YOUR BlackBerry ID.  You could follow any BlackBerry on the planet as long as you had its PIN.  For that reason, as I'm sure you can appreciate, each phone with a separate BlackBerry ID on it would require a separate login on Protect.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: PLaybook - 64 Gig
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry protect & BBID

This is a new thing, up until apprx Aug 31(this was the last back-up date to my Protect account) I was able to use my blackberry ID in Blackberry protect on all phones in my household, & each person used their own blackberry ID for appworld etc. As blackberry ID set-up wasnt dependant on your PIN, the example above really was a non issue. Also if I were to want to log into my protect in order to view a friends phone, i would have needed their BBID password in order to change their protect set up... in that case it wouldnt really matter as once I have their email & password, i could just log in under their protect account!