Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: China Mobile

Re: Blackberry torch 9800 for China Mobile

I encountered the following technical issues on BlackBerry Torch 9800 (which has subscripted to a China Mobile, data plan inlcuded):-

A - Non-accessible to email account (under company account. POP3 platform).

Currently, the device failed to receive and/or send emails from the company account (Hosted under POP3 platform).

Other private email account (such as yahoo, gmail) remained in proper workiing order.

B - Frequent Prompt for Password

Under the said account, an alert prompting for password on receipt on emails. Please advise to deactivate such alerts.

The following are the techncial spec on the device:-

Blackberry Type - BlackBerry Torch 9800

Mobile Service Provider- China Mobile

Data Plan- Subscribed

Email Accounts

Platform-POP3

Thank you

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hi there,

I'm new to this and I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer me some help. I live in South Africa and I got a BB Torch in Aug on contract with Vodacom. I love everything about this phone and the e-mail is so convenient.

Problem is I know BlackBerry isn't so hot in China and in a months time I will be going to Beijing to study. I just wanted to find out which mobile network should I use to be able to use my BB effectively. I would still like to receive e-mails from my hotmail accounts and also use BBM! I know that FB and Twitter most likely won't work but is there a third party app for it perhaps? I really would like to still be able to use my e-mails and bbm and fb & twitter if I'm lucky.

Any detailed help is greatly appreciated! I don't want to regret getting a BB!

Thanks in advance!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hi there,

I'm new to this and I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer me some help. I live in South Africa and I got a BB Torch in Aug on contract with Vodacom. I love everything about this phone and the e-mail is so convenient.

Problem is I know BlackBerry isn't so hot in China and in a months time I will be going to Beijing to study. I just wanted to find out which mobile network should I use to be able to use my BB effectively. I would still like to receive e-mails from my hotmail accounts and also use BBM! I know that FB and Twitter most likely won't work but is there a third party app for it perhaps? I really would like to still be able to use my e-mails and bbm and fb & twitter if I'm lucky.

Any detailed help is greatly appreciated! I don't want to regret getting a BB!

Thanks in advance!