Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
rishidhall74
My Device: Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

Bold 9780 - download failed: Null Pointer Exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

When I receive Whats app with pictures and videos and I try to open them .... i get following message/ warning - download failed: Null Pointer Exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException.

Kindly help me.

Thanks ..... Rishi 

New Contributor
contactmehul

Re: Bold 9780 - download failed: Null Pointer Exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException

I am also facing the same problem.

New Contributor
a1k1
My Device: bold 9900

Re: Bold 9780 - download failed: Null Pointer Exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException

i face the same problem... how u fix it ?????

New Contributor
rishidhall74

Copy contents of your data cards ...... After that format your data card and data will get deleted immediately ..... your problem will get solved.
I solved it my self by doing this .....
New Contributor
a1k1

which data??? can u explain more plz ?????

New Contributor
rishidhall74

delete your data from SD card ...data card .... format it and reboot your system .... your phone is fine and normal without any issues faced earlier.
New Contributor
a1k1

[ Edited ]

can u add me on bb plz [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use]

New Contributor
contactmehul

[ Edited ]

hey rishi

I tried doing what you said.... but the problem remains ... I am using 16 GB card

New Contributor
rishidhall74

You are not doing it correctly .....
Your SD data card should be formatted .....
Go to options - Go to Device - Go to Storage - Press MENU .... Select FORMAT .....Your data card will get formatted and all videos, pictures, files stored in your data card will be washed away. Now your SD card is empty and storage is 100 % .... re-bout and use your phone as normal and problem will get solved automatically.......
New Contributor
contactmehul

hey rishi,

i tried doing that .... but the problem persists .... 

what do you mean by reboot .... i switched the phone off and removed the battery .. then again put the battery in and as you know the whole BB boots again ...