Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Bold 9790 memory

It says for my bold 9790, I get 768MG and 8GB built in memory.  so I go into options - device - storage and it says I have 237MB Application memory left and 6GB left out of 6GB. But when I go into application management memory now, it says 239.2 MB used and 528.7 MB free, then in application storge it says 306.7 MB used and 237.2 MB free,  Whats all that about and why do I only get 6 GB instead of the 8 GB as said

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lee1992
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7.1.0.336
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Bold 9790 memory

with every hard drive or sd card in the world, you NEVER get the advertised storage amount, theres always significantly less then what you would like. You may have a memory leak, close tabs on your browser that you arent using , and actually close apps when you've finished with them ( press the blackberry button and press close on the menu that pops up) . Uninstall any apps that you dont use , that will help boost the memory. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Re: Bold 9790 memory

Its not anything to do witth with Tabs, or open Apps, as my App use the Application Memory. Its advertided and in the spefications that the built in media storage is 8GB. Mine says, total space 6GB - free space 6GB. Just upset that its a false spefication.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.