Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bug: in OS 4.5, media player stops playing when streaming audio and you holster the BB

[ Edited ]
I have loaded OS 4.5 on my Verizon 8130.  When streaming music, for example from http://www.somafm.com, the music shuts off when you holster the BB.  This is very unfriendly!
Message Edited by WPWoodJr on 11-17-2008 01:34 PM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Bug: in OS 4.5, media player shuts off when streaming audio and you holster the BB

Holstering device means all the activities will be suspended. I don't think it can be called as bag.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Re: Bug: in OS 4.5, media player shuts off when streaming audio and you holster the BB

Media player doesn't shut off when holstered and playing MP3 files.  It shouldn't shut off when streaming audio either.  Download the Flycast application - it doesn't shut off when holstered and playing streaming audio.

What seems to be happening with Media Player is that its acting as if its streaming video, not audio.  It would make sense for it to shut off when holstered and playing streaming video.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I think somafm is doing a video stream with a video track entirely black. The Blackberry device has no way of knowing that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you can try using the WMA stream. them you'll be sure it's audio only : http://somafm.com/wma.xhtml

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Xandrex wrote:
I think somafm is doing a video stream with a video track entirely black. The Blackberry device has no way of knowing that.

No, that's not it.  OS 4.3Media Player doesn't act like this (my wife still has 4.3 on her Pearl).

The wma stream won't play on the Pearl; you get an error, "Unsupported media type: audio/x-ms-asx".

Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8130 OS 4.5.0.77

I have a similar issue since upgrading to to 4.5 with my vzw 8130.   with 4.3 I was able to stream audio and then have it run in the background to read messages or address book for example all the while the audio was still playing.   Now once I get the audio streaming and back out to the main menu the media player quits.